Braunwyn Windham-Burke and Sean Burke may be separated, but he’s still got her back.
Sean is taking all the blame after the couple was sued over back rent, telling Page Six in a statement that the former “RHOC” star “is not involved in this matter at all.”
Although Braunwyn, 43, and Sean were both listed in the suit, he told us Tuesday, “It has been made clear repeatedly that I am in control of all financial matters, which includes rent. We were both unaware of a civil case filing until it was published online.”
Sean told us that “this is a matter of a maximum $7,500 discrepancy, due to the substantial security deposit held.”
Sean added that he finds the situation “unfortunate” but “is seemingly easy to reconcile and resolve.”
He also filed a paperwork with the court on Friday asking the judge to toss the suit.
The couple — who are attempting a “trial run separation” this summer — are not currently living in the Newport Beach home, with Braunwyn and their seven children staying in Hawaii and Sean living in a home owned by a friend of Braunwyn’s girlfriend Fernanda Rocha.
“What we are doing right now is really healthy for them. I am taking my kids for six or seven weeks and when they come back, they will have a place at their father’s,” she said in an Instagram video announcing their trial separation.
She later added, “We really want to do what’s best for us — we are family, we’ve been together for 26 years. That’s a lot and that’s something we don’t want to minimize — we want to honor that. I think having some space right now will give us some clarity.”
For his part, Sean said that he is “excited about getting [his] own place” and “figuring out the rest of [their] lives.”
Braunwyn and Sean have been married for over two decades and renewed their vows on Season 15 of “The Real Housewives of Orange County.”
Braunwyn came out as gay in a December 2020 interview with GLAAD and has since dated women. She and her first girlfriend, Kris, split up earlier this year and she is now dating Rocha.